Ok so I'm still working on becoming a Blogger. Actually I'm working on a lot of things this year. Since we are already married, our only kid has fur, and we aren't moving anywhere this year. This is the year to work on goals.
Blogging: I love reading other peoples blog, so I thought it's something I should be able to enjoy & do. I admit though I feel unqualified because we don't have a little one to track their progress & although we are doing projects in our home, they are no where near the level of "Young House Love." And the biggest draw back for anyone reading this... the camera I do own has a glitch so I very rarely use it. So the amount of pictures on here are limited. However, I'm not giving up. I vow to take more pictures & have an exciting enough life that you want to read about it! ...with as minimal drama as possible!
Picture taking: Addressed above & in addition: Be more creative, get more framed & in books, and maybe even get a new camera!
Fitness: Be as faithful at going to the gym every morning as my work-out buddy is! WE are suppose to go every weekday morning at 5:30 am. Its a good week if I've gone 3 times... however this week I haven't missed a day yet. **knock on wood** Also, B is planning on running a marathon in October. I haven't fully committed to this yet, but I am STRONGLY considering running it with him. My work schedule may be my obstacle. It is inconsistent and not very flexible as far as taking weekends off. I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Health: How I would love to be able to cook more HEALTHY recipes. My creativity is limited, and I don't feel comfortable cooking with new foods. I really need to get out of my box on this one...it may take a while.
Wealth: Become Suze Orman! Ok, so not really become her but take her advice to heart. In my younger years I always thought that if you weren't struggling then you were doing just fine. Now I want that 8 month emergency fund with an extra, usable, savings account as well. Suze always talks about how she lives BELOW her means. That's something that I truly want to do on a regular basis. This may take a lot of dedication, but I've already started & it feels great. I just have to resist feeling the need to USE every coupon that comes my way!
LOVE: Doing more things WITH B. We tend to separate the house chores, which is ok. But the big projects seem to be more satisfying when we do them together. Right now we are working on tiling our main room in the basement. I wasn't able to help with the big area due to work, but I was able to help clean it up afterward and will be helping with the tiling of the second half. B doesn't feel as much like a work horse & I can be proud of the work as well. Also, our TV time. We have 2 dual DVR's so essentially we watch to totally different TVs. However, sitting on the couch enjoying a show with my husband is much more relaxing and enjoyable then alone or with our cat! We need to be better at enjoying the small amount of time that we do have TOGETHER!
Friends: Have more casual get togethers. I was looking at photos from when we first moved up here. We had soo much fun just sitting in a circle together, playing games, telling stories or having impromptu dance parties. We NEED to do more of that this year!
Ok: Ready, set GO!!
No comments:
Post a Comment